There is a lot of controversy about what custom home builders actually do and their many disadvantages. There is also a lot of talk about things they fail to tell their clients about their house and the land they are building on in order to benefit. However, it’s common knowledge that getting a good builder is the most important part in a building project. For those who have their doubts about hiring a custom home builder here is a list of what exactly is their job.
The job of builders start way before the actual construction and the ground work is really important.
• Their first responsibility is to test the land and make sure it’s safe for construction. Builders are trained to know such things and if the land is expansive meaning it will rise when it rains or the land is on public road reserve they should tell you. They can do it themselves or recommend an inspector who will do a better job. It’s also their job to get clients the best home and land packages available out there.
• It’s their job to obtain all the required permits before they start.
• It’s the builder’s job to plan and come up with house designs compatible with what the client wants. Most home owners can’t put down a plan on paper so they need the help of builders who will liaise with architectures and interior designers to draw the plan he has in mind.
• After coming up with a plan it’s the builder’s job to draw up a budget from that plan and discuss it with the client so they can figure out a way of using as little money as possible without cutting corners.
With all plans and ground work finished then the real work begins with digging a foundation and starting to build the house. At this juncture it’s the job of the builder to supervise;
• Sub-contractors and artisans
• Legal issues and building codes
• Inspect the actual work to see progress and correct any faults before it’s too late
• Liaise with vendors and other professionals like decorators, landscape designer and specialty contractors to implement the budget and
• Ensure the project runs as close as possible to the set time table.
Thirdly a builder must get hands on in the building process and be the example and the lead to everyone who is building the house. Apart from building, finding good sub contractors and ordering supplies it’s also the job of builders to give after service support also known as a warranty. This is to ensure everything is working properly even after the client moves in, for example the client might need new home floor plans and its best if the original builder does that because of logistics. Other things that custom home builders do include controlling building cost, waste management, background check of everyone involved in the building process and talking to county inspectors. It’s important to ask for referrals and doing some investigation before hiring a builder and also it wouldn’t hurt to meet up with more than two and hear their ideas and what they offer. For more info about custom home builders, visit this website.